Equipping the Eurasian Church for Effective Ministry…Fueling Faith in Eurasia
READ Ministries seeks to fulfill our vision, which we call, Thrive 55: Expanding Eurasian Impact
Values and Distinctives
- We value God’s redemptive work through the local church. God has given to the indigenous church, leaders filled with the Holy Spirit and equipped to partner in God’s grand design to prepare his Bride and reconcile people from every tribe, tongue and land. Eph 3
- It is our privilege to come along side in humble and responsive service for the churches and spiritual leaders God has seen fit to appoint. We believe that godly, mature and spirit-filled leaders understand the needs of their churches and culture better than we do in the West. It is READ’s desire to demonstrate Christ-like humility to serve the local churches by responding to the needs brought forward by local leadership. Eph 4:11
- We value the role of God’s Word and other helpful Christian writings in the acceleration of Gospel proclamation and spiritual transformation. We believe the best of Christian literature is a valuable part of training and equipping men and women to Christian ministry. While God’s word alone is our ultimate authority, in God’s providence He has gifted writers to produce helpful resources to assist us in understanding and applying His word. John 17
- We value addressing the massive inequality of resources by promoting generous and sacrificial giving from those who have been economically blessed for our brothers and sisters in Christ who do not have access to quality Christian literature. Acts 4:32-35, 2 Cor 9
- We value expressing our solidarity with the persecuted church in tangible and helpful ways. While we primarily do so through the distribution of Christian literature, we also strive to meet other needs as God directs. 2 Tim 4:13
- We value taking the truth to tough places, ministering in strategic locations where God is working and often characterized by economic, political and spiritual difficulty.
- We value creating, sustaining and growing deep relationships of trust with our partners where we join together for the long haul. We want to be responsive to their understanding of their needs as well as speak up for partnering possibilities God has laid on our heart.
- We value adventurous and bold exploration into what God would lead us to do, while remaining true to what God has done. We long to see the new things God is doing while we maintain continuity with effective forms in the past. We understand that God’s leading is sometimes mysterious and unexpected, so we need to be flexible and adaptive in our commitment to follow His leading.
What We Believe
Our Statement of Faith
- The Word of God
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The Trinity
We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons, that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
- God the Father
We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of each person, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ
We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
- The Holy Spirit
We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide.
We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- The Church
We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
- Christian Conduct
We believe that Christians should live for the glory of God and the well-being of others; that their conduct should be blameless before the world; that they should be faithful stewards of their possessions; and that they should seek to realize for themselves and others the full stature of maturity in Christ.
- The Last Things
We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal felicity of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.