Summer Family Camp & Kids Day Camps from GOD'S DESIGN CHURCH
Since the beginning of the Russian troop's invasion of the territory of Ukraine, “God's Design” Church began to actively serve the needy citizens of Kyiv and, later, hundreds of refugees from the occupied territories and also where hostilities were taking place.
Daily the Church preaches the Gospel, provides spiritual support to people who have experienced psychological trauma, and provides food, personal hygiene products, seasonal clothing, and shoes.
The hearts of the leadership at God's Design Church were moved with the desire to provide a family summer camp, knowing it would be a good way to provide spiritual learning and support to families with young children who have experienced the stress of warfare and loss of home, property, and lifestyle.
The camp was held in the nature of the Carpathian mountains at Rhapsody Recreation Center in the Ivano-Frankivsk region of Kryvorivnva, not too far from Kyiv.
1. Building relationships with unbelievers through a joint wellness vacation.
2. Preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ through various camp programs (seminars for adults, Bible lessons for children, youth clubs for teenagers, and musical worship evenings).
3. Providing spiritual support to people who have experienced psychological trauma through communication with mentors and counselors, a sports and recreation program of the camp, a change of scenery, and outdoor recreation.
A Children's Day Camp for displaced children aged 5-16 from non-Christian families was held at the church building.
The camp theme: Jesus is my friend
Through exercises, breakfast & snacks, music, master classes, team sports, and crafts, the goal was to
1. To preach the Gospel.
2. To distract children from the war, to give a little joy and celebration in such a difficult time.
3. To support and make friends with children, start relationships with them.
4. To reach parents for Christ.
From the images below, it looks like a lively and fun time was had. We pray for each person who attended that God moved in their life. Enjoy the following smiles.